Apply - Crunch&Sip Classroom
Teachers, if your class has a daily Crunch&Sip break, but there are not enough classrooms at your school participating to certify as a whole school, you can register to become a Crunch&Sip Classroom. By signing up as a Crunch&Sip Classroom teachers can access free resources to help introduce and embed the program. It also allows your efforts and commitment to promoting healthy eating in the classroom to be recognised.
There are five key steps to becoming a Crunch&Sip Classroom:
- Get the message out to students, parents, staff and the school community.
- Identify strategies to provide fruit, vegetables and water bottles to students who are unable to access them
- Read the Crunch&Sip Classroom guidelines.
- Establish Crunch&Sip in the classroom for a trial period of at least 5 days. This will help identify any implementation issues before registering. Over 80% of students in the class must participate daily to register as a Crunch&Sip Classroom.
- Once these steps have been completed, fill out the application form here.
Single or multiple classes at a school can become certified, however, an application form needs to be filled out for each Crunch&Sip Classroom. After your application has been approved you will be sent out a resource pack including a tally chart, set of desk mats, water bottle stickers, a certificate, and more! Registration is valid until the end of the school year.