The Great Vegie Crunch
REGISTER NOW - SIGN UP FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN $500
Western Australian Primary schools are encouraged to sign up and participate in the Great Vegie Crunch. Fighting stats that show only 1 in 6 WA school children are eating the recommended serves of vegies, this event aims to get children around WA crunching simultaneously on vegetables - and having fun!
Participating schools will receive free resources and merchandise and may be eligible for a small grant to purchase fresh vegetables.
How to plan and run your event;
1. Choose a time and date during the week of the 3rd - 7th September (week 8).
2. Register your school by completing the form below.
3. Let your school community know. Download free resources here (Letters to parents, newsletter inserts etc)
4. Encourage parents to provide vegetables for your event, however they may be sold by the canteen, purchased by the school/parent association or donated by the local green grocers. You can apply for a small grant to assist in the purchase of VEGETABLES only, by completing the application form found here.
5. Download The Great Vegie Crunch app on your ipad or tablet (available soon), or test the program on your browser here
6. Assemble your students with their fresh crunchy vegetables and count down from ten....
7. CRUNCH! Use The Great Vegie Crunch app to measure your crunch. How loud was your crunch? Did you crunch as loud as a crocodile?
8. Count the number of students and adults crunching and enter your results in the Great Vegie Crunch survey to go into the prize draw.
9. Need to chat to us? Contact the Crunch&Sip team via email: email@example.com or phone: 9388 4340.
Cancer Council WA Collection Statement
If you do not agree, (i) you must not provide your personal information; and (ii) we may not be able to communicate with you or provide certain products or services to you.
If you would like to change how we communicate with you, or would no longer like to receive updates from Cancer Council WA please call (08) 9388 4340 or email us at schools.cancerwa.asn.au.