"They're healthy, they're energetic, they're well, they're not buzzing out with too much sugar, and they're not going without food." - Crunch&Sip Teacher
Each classroom should establish ground rules to assist Crunch&Sip to run smoothly and safely. Crunch&Sip Classrooms should follow these simple rules:
- Students should bring vegetables or fruit from home each day to eat during the Crunch&Sip break. As small, whole fruits and vegetables like grapes and cherry tomatoes can be a choking hazard for younger children, these should be sliced into halves or quarters to send to school.
- Students should fill up their water bottles each day
PERMITTED FOOD AND DRINK:
- Only permitted vegetables and fruit are allowed
- Only plain water is allowed in water bottles
- Water bottles should be washed daily
- All fruit and vegetables are to be washed before eating (at home is OK)
- Students should wash their hands before eating
In addition to these standard rules, individual schools and classrooms can include extra rules to make Crunch&Sip run smoothly in the local setting.